Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Cervical Cancer Vaccine

There is some pretty uplifting news in the world of medical research, as a vaccine against HPV (the primary cause of cervical cancer in women) has shown to be 100 percent effective in the short term. But that's not all.
A second analysis, including hundreds more women participating in the ongoing study, showed that after just one dose the vaccine was 97 percent effective. That analysis found only one of the 5,736 women who got the vaccine developed cervical cancer or precancerous lesions, compared with 36 among the 5,766 who got dummy shots.

Barr said the 97 percent rate was more "real world," given that patients sometimes miss or delay follow-up shots or tests.
To have 97 percent be your more "real world" figure is pretty amazing. So what's the most effective way of getting this out there and making sure that cervical cancer is something that women will no longer have to fear?
"You have to get students in grammar school, middle school, high school (vaccinated) before they become sexually active," [Dr. Gloria Bachmann, director of The Women's Health Institute at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick] said.
So let's get on that, right? And the sooner the better! Well, not so fast. The Christian right isn't so pleased about this whole thing. As Katha Pollitt wrote in May in the Nation:
"Giving the HPV vaccine to young women could be potentially harmful," Bridget Maher of the Family Research Council told the British magazine New Scientist, "because they may see it as a license to engage in premarital sex." Raise your hand if you think that what is keeping girls virgins now is the threat of getting cervical cancer when they are 60 from a disease they've probably never heard of.

I remember when people rolled their eyeballs if you suggested that opposition to abortion was less about "life" than about sex, especially sex for women. You have to admit that thesis is looking pretty solid these days. No matter what the consequences of sex--pregnancy, disease, death--abstinence for singles is the only answer. Just as it's better for gays to get AIDS than use condoms, it's better for a woman to get cancer than have sex before marriage. It's honor killing on the installment plan.

Comments:
Women are just vessels of pollution, Alex, can't you get that through your head? Sheesh!!

Aunt Deb
 
But yet they're supposed to do the laundry and wash the dishes, so I guess that's where I get confused. Pollutant or cleanser, choose one dammit!
 
Well, the way it works is fat pink Christian men have got to make sure that women don't have but the one right choice available, you see.

Aunt Deb
 
The issues of cancer covering cancer colon are not always made clear. Your blog goes someway. We also have a cancer web site covering cancer colon that discusses some of these issues. Great blog posting.
 
You might find this cancer information lung site interesting : cancer information lung
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers cancer symptom related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
 
Hello,

I was just web surfing and found your blog about Cervical Cancer Vaccine. I will definitely bookmark your blog and pass it on to my friends. If you have time, please go to my free personals content based web site. It is nothing special but you and your subscribers may still find something of value there.

Best regards,

Wayne
 
I saw something similar about comparison shopping
 
Hello,

I was just web surfing and found your blog about Cervical Cancer Vaccine. I will definitely bookmark your blog and pass it on to my friends. If you have time, please go to my american singles content based web site. It is nothing special but you and your subscribers may still find something of value there.

Best regards,

Wayne
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a colon cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Cervical Cancer Vaccine What a great title. You have a great blog. I was searching for how to please women when I landed here. I've got a similar site related to how to please women you might want to check out.
 
Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for better sex related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the ##TITLE entry, that got my attention.

My site is in a similar niche and some might find it as useful. I have a better sex related site focusing on ##KEYWORD related topics.
 
Wow that´s a great blog that you have there, mine is slightly differnent but it basically covers the same topics.

I have a rectal cancer site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Check it out, you won´t regret it... Cheers.. Roger From Http://www.havecancer.com
 
This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. When searching for increase semen, I happened to come across your site. I'll bookmark it. Perhaps you would be interested in my site, increase semen
 
Your blog is very informative. Dont't stop. I was searching for better sex and came across yours. I'll bookmark you. Might check my site out if you are interested in better sex stuff. You can find it here: better sex
 
You have a awesome blog! "Cervical Cancer Vaccine" WOW!

I've got on increasing penis size related info.

Come see when you can.
 
Hey Blogger I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a dating blog/site also, It's a free information site on dating
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)
 
Hey Blogger I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a dating blog/site also, It's a free information site on dating
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)
 
Hey Blogger I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a american single blog/site also, It's a free information site on american single
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)
 
Hi,

I found your blog about Cervical Cancer Vaccine. If you have time, check out my free personals web site. It is nothing special but you may still find something of value there.
 
Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I like the title of Cervical Cancer Vaccine I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

I've got a new site up which might to be of interest to some. I run a more sex related site.
 
Hello,

I was just web surfing and found your blog about Cervical Cancer Vaccine. I will definitely bookmark your blog and pass it on to my friends. If you have time, please go to my free personals ads content based web site. It is nothing special but you and your subscribers may still find something of value there.

Best regards,

Wayne
 
Hi,

I found your blog about Cervical Cancer Vaccine. If you have time, check out my totally free personals web site. It is nothing special but you may still find something of value there.
 
Hey Blogger I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a dating blog/site also, It's a free information site on dating
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)
 
Hello Blogger, been looking for the latest info on best dating online site and found Cervical Cancer Vaccine. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
 
Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on american single when I found your site and Cervical Cancer Vaccine. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
 
Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on adult dating when I found your site and Cervical Cancer Vaccine. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
 
I found your blog when I was googling for love and romance articles. I also visited an interesting site at http://top-personals.net that is also related to vancouver adult personals and has some useful tips for singles, check it if you�re interested.
 
Hi,
I came past your site while I was searching through Blogger, it is not really the information I was after about breast cancer but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done, I do like what you have done with your site. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on breast cancer that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?