Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Goodbye, Walter Reed.

The Washington Post has a number of articles about the decision to shut down Walter Reed Army Hospital (among other base and facility closures), including: Panel Votes to Close Walter Reed Hospital; Walter Reed Hospital Has Storied Past; News of Hospital Closing Hits Hard; and a Walter Reed Photo Gallery. Why do I care about this, you might ask? Well, I was born in Walter Reed hospital. It's true. So shed a little tear as you drive by on Georgia Avenue (or 16th Street, if that's your thing) -- I know I will. Goodbye, Walter Reed, thanks for the memories. Actually, there aren't too many memories (since I don't actually remember being born), but still -- good times, man ... good times. You're my boy, Blue!

Comments:
Like your post on WR
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?