Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

I love Rasheed Wallace. Love him. Loved him when he set the record for techinical fouls in a season. Loved him even more when he just kept saying "Both teams played hard." And now I have a new reason. On Monday the Detroit Pistons went to the White House to accept President Bush's congratulations on last year's championship. Leading up to it, Rasheed Wallace told the Detroit Free Press: "I don't have [expletive] to say to him. I didn't vote for him. It's just something we have to do." Then, if that weren't sweet enough, I managed to see the event on C-Span yesterday. As Bush went around shaking hands, you were just waiting until he got to Rasheed. He did and Rasheed not only gave him a long stare, but flipped his handshake into a clasp (you know what I'm talking about, but I don't know how to describe it - just look at the photo above). It was a thing of beauty.

Comments:
Alex, this almost makes me think I should start to follow sports!

Aunt Deb
 
well, the bright moments like this are few and far between (with a lot of crap in the middle). spare yourself the effort and i'll keep you up-to-date on all the really interesting sports news!
 
Hey, Great Stuff. I'll be back to read often.

Jon
http://www.pistonsnews.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?