Monday, November 22, 2004

 

Metallica Sucks

Making bad music is one thing. Opposing Napster because you think you might be able to squeeze a few more dollars out of 18-year-old kids is pretty lame. But it seems that Metallica has hit a new low. In an article about the US military's use of the "psychological warfare" of blasting loud and (from what I gathered) really bad music while attacking Iraqis and before interrogations of Iraqis, James Hetfield is quoted.
James Hetfield, who co-founded Metallica, said the military hadn't asked his permission or paid him royalties to blast his band's music in Iraq. But he's proud, he said, that his tunes are culturally offensive to the Iraqis. "For me, the lyrics are a form of expression, a freedom to express my insanity," Hetfield told radio host Terry Gross last week. "If the Iraqis aren't used to freedom, then I'm glad to be part of their exposure."
What a colossal ass.

Comments:
I'll second that.
 
Would someone please light that guy on fire again...
 
notice he began with... they didnt ask permission or pay him royalties.. wtf? does he actually expect ppl to pay him everytime his song is played anywhere in the world... this is just apart from the fact of being a colossal ass.
 
Lars is probably pissed off that the Iraqis aren't paying and they are getting to hear his music for free.
 
I appreciate your information on Metallica. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on Metallica Exposed - I'd really appreciate it
 
hey
 
i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site. sincerely, antonio.
 
i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site. sincerely, antonio.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?