Tuesday, October 26, 2004

 

Jim Bunning Can't Find the Strike Zone

Yes, it's a stupid joke, but the man who used to be a major league pitcher, and is currently a US Senator from Kentucky, Jim Bunning, seems to be totally clueless. From the Louisville, KY, Courier-Journal:
U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning said yesterday that he was unaware of reports that a unit of Army Reserve soldiers in Iraq had refused an order to deliver fuel for reasons including that their trucks were lightly armored.

"I don't know anything about that," Bunning said during a news conference after a speech he gave to the Rotary Club of Louisville....

When reporters told him that the unit's refusal was a national news story and involved a soldier from Louisville, Bunning said, "Let me explain something: I don't watch the national news, and I don't read the paper. I haven't done that for the last six weeks. I watch Fox News to get my information."
A US Senator that hasn't read a newspaper or watched the national news in the past six weeks! This man is obviously not fit for office. Really, that's a disgrace.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?