Friday, October 29, 2004

 

2004's Scariest Halloween Costumes


The Littlest Prisoner at Abu Ghraib
Your child will be the hit of the neighborhood costume parade in this recreation of the Abu Ghraib prisoner-abuse scandal's most indelible image. As an added bonus this easy-to-make costume will remind everyone on your child's trick-or-treat route of our national shame! Simply roll a cone from a sheet of 24"x38" black cardstock, making sure to cut out a hole for the face. Drape with two yards of black felt, and add leftover wires from your last lamp-rewiring project. Voila! So easy, so quick, and so terrifying!
It doesn't end there. Costume suggestions include: Florida's Electronic Touch-Screen Voting Machines, Arrested Protester, Nancy Reagan, Western Hostage in Iraq, Ralph Nader, Lyndie England, Jenna Bush's Liver, and of course, everybody's favorite Brit, "Shoe Bomber" Richard Reid.

Thanks to Amanda for sending this to me.

Comments:
Damn, Alex!! This outstrips the pumpkin carving site I found last night that has patterns for Kerry and Bush faces by about three lightyears. But where's the Pet Goat costume??
 
Indeed, I thought a Pet Goat costume would be nice. Or how about a costume for 380 tons of explosives?

Deepak and I wanted to dress up as Karzai (Deepak in beard, hat, and cape) and Allawi (me in grey suit) with a George Bush puppet with a hand up each of our backs. We thought it was a pretty clever idea, but we didn't quite follow through. Ah well.
 
Every year my son Dylan and I have been building our Halloween animatronic display. This year we added 12 new figures and my wife had been making the clothes etc. but then I clued in that Halloween Costumes were the ideal solution - ya, ok I'm slow but...This year is really cool because we've done an HP Lovecraft display that I'm sure he'd appreciate but I'm not so sure he'd approve of this - The Necronomicon - Is it just me or is that just plain goofy ? Anyway, everybody is doing their own Haunted House thing now but hey - it's fun and if you've got kids I really suggest you try it yourself if you haven't already. It's a nice change from the usual Christmas Lights routine and a lot of scaaarrry fun. Happy Halloween everybody.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?