Friday, July 30, 2004

 

Say what?

Does anybody else get the feeling that the headline for this Washington Post op-ed is completely off target? I mean, it's great that the people of Afghanistan want democracy. It's fantastic. But it doesn't make it a success story until it's implemented. If every place where people had high hopes was a success story, the world would be success story after success story. Let's wait until we see some results before we start talking about success stories. Let's not forget that Doctors Without Borders (a truly fearless group) has just pulled out of Afghanistan because the conditions were too awful. Let's live in reality, not the world of make believe. Or maybe I'm just what's wrong with America, with all my negative energy and criticism. Hell, if Afghanistan isn't a thriving democracy by next year, I'll consider myself personally responsible.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?